Rauschener Ring 3
E-Mail: info @ dragonviews.com
DragonViews is a blog about Asian culture – mostly China, Japan and Korea. Sometimes you’ll also find news and information on India. Rarely about other parts of Asia. Since 2006 I’ve been writing for the German edition about books, movies, anime and manga and much more. English is not my native language, so please be patient with me and my sometimes awkward grammar and use of vocabulary. I’m taking this as an opportunity to brush up on my English, which used to be much better.
My name is Anja. I’m a lifestyle journalist and obviously a big fan of Asian culture – though you might argue that there is not “one” Asian culture. But let’s just skip that. I was born and raised in Hamburg, Germany, and I’m certainly not leaving this beautiful city to live elsewhere. Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo are my favorite cities in Asia. I studied a year in Hangzhou, China, but my Chinese is rather awful nowadays.
Some of my favorites
- authors: Haruki Murakami, Yoko Ogawa, Mo Yan, Ha Jin, Ryu Murakami, Yasutaka Tsutsui
- movies: Zatoichi (2003), Survive Style 5+, Love Undercover, The Chaser, Infernal Affairs
- dramas: Hana Yori Dango, My Name is Kim Sam-Soon, Secret Garden, Flower Boy Next Door
- anime: Rurouni Kenshin, Ghibli, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Steins;Gate, Detective Conan
- manga: I am a hero, Inu Yasha, Tenjo Tenge, Pluto
- music: Big Bang, Exo, Arashi, Sakanaction, World Order, B.A.P, 2PM